Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Results

We are a part of history! I didn't vote for Obama, but I must say that I did get emotional last night as I watched his victory speech. The U.S. has come a long way and that makes me smile... many thought they wouldn't see an African American become President in their lifetime. I will support Obama and I am thankful that we live in this land of freedom! -Shanna

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Love your attitude. Last night Rudy Giuliani said (before Obama won), It doesn't matter who wins because tomorrow when you wake up, you'll be an American. And that means you support the President, whoever he is, because if he fails, you fail, and if he succeeds, you succeed. I thought that was a great thing to say. Go USA!

momwhoknits said...

I didn't vote for Obama either, but I don't think he is bad person. I think he will do the best job he knows how and that is all anyone can ask.

Shelley said...

I respect anyone who is willing to be the President of the United States right now...it is NOT an easy job.

Heather said...

All I can say is... Go Mitt, 2012!!

Jill said...

Hi Shanna! Nice to see you have a blog! I love reading posts and keeping up on friends.

I am excited that Obama won too. I was watching Reading Rainbow yesterday...(with Ellie) and it was about African American Slavery. It did make me realize how far we have come as a country. I spent the rest of the day wishing I were alive back then so I could help the slaves escape...It's funny because I was coming up with very detailed plans. :-)